Wednesday 6 May 2009


Heritage Centre are here with a brand spanking new single 'I Will Protect You'. Using the method of getting into the back of a van and touring around the country constantly this Dublin based band are destined to be Ireland's finest indie-pop exports..


I woke up with the mother of all hangovers last Thursday morning. Made my way downstairs not even half dressed to check the post. I wasn't expecting anything except bills, however, I found, to my delight, that I had received Heritage Centre's new single sent from their Stoneybatter HQ in Dublin.


My relationship with the song goes back a few years. I got a feeling of nostalgia as Conal McIntyre's (keys, guitar and lead vocals) voice led me into the opening bars of the song. I first heard the tune in 2005 when McIntyre played an acoustic solo gig in Derry's Playhouse. Even then, the potential of this song was obvious. Sometimes bands can end up destroying the beauty of their songs by twisting too many knobs and pushing too many buttons in the studio. However, one of the joys of this single is that Heritage Centre sound confident, experienced and they know how to rock. It makes you want to be with them in that room when they laid down the tracks. A gifted bunch they are with melodies and harmonies to die for they are a live act that is definitely worth checking out.


I for one can not wait to see them on the 'I Will Protect You Tour'.




I Will Protect You is released this Friday 8th of May.


Tour dates:


May 3 2009 8:00P Spirit Store Dundalk, Louth
May 5 2009 8:00P Academy 2 s/Sky Larkin D1
May 8 2009 8:00P WHELANS SINGLE LAUNCH Dublin
May 9 2009 8:00P McGarrigles Sligo
May 11 2009 10:00P 2FM Session Broadcast Dublin
May 16 2009 8:00P Cypruss Avenue s/ Delorentos Cork
May 22 2009 8:00P Whelans s/ Delorentos
May 30 2009 8:00P Bound for Boston Derry
Jun 6 2009 8:00P The Pumphouse Kilkenny
Jun 7 2009 8:00P Spirit Store Dundalk
Jun 12 2009 8:00P TMW Showcase - De Barras Cork
More dates to be announced........


No comments:

Post a Comment