Sunday 24 May 2009

Morrissey Celebrates Brithday With Hometown Show


On Friday night Morrissey played a birthday hometown show at Manchester's Apollo to a massively enthusiastic crowd. It was his 50th birthday and the former Smiths frontman was greeted with a standing ovation when he first walked onstage. The crowd chanted and chanted until the band finally attempted to drown them out with the classic 'This Charming Man'.


Guitarist Boz sang Happy Birthday just before another Smiths classic - 'Girlfriend In A Coma'. Morrissey quipping - 'Did you rehearse that? It sounds like you did...'


The setlist for the show was:


This Charming Man / Irish Blood, English Heart / Black Cloud / How Soon Is Now? / All You Need Is Me / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Let Me Kiss You / Ask / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself? / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Keep Mine Hidden / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Best Friend On The Payroll / Sorry Doesn't Help / Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others / The Loop / I'm OK By Myself // First Of The Gang To Die


The setlist for every show on Morrissey's current tour is almost identical each night.

I went to see him at Omagh Leisure Centre, Northern Ireland at the start of this month and loved the show. I wonder why he doesn't mix it up a bit more. He has the back catalogue... You can read a review for that Omagh gig HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment